About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Hi, my name is DrDrama and I am addicted to party planning...

All together now: Welcome, Dr. Drama...

So the Kid has a birthday party coming up and I am afraid I have officially gone over to the dark side again. The last time I was on the dark side was around 2004-2005 during the planning for my wedding. I don't think I was a full-blown bridezilla, but I am sure my husband will attest that I had my moments.I haven't had the time or the energy to go into proper party planning mode (residency, pregnancy and sleepless nights precluded that) but as we near the first birthday, I am faced with the fun task (I'm serious) of planning a party for the Kid and I have to say, that I am enjoying every minute of it. We are planning a luau for April in the Northeast, so I am praying that the weather holds out and decides not to drop a foot of snow on my tiki torches. Although it would be pretty funny to see my husband in a coconut bra while shoveling snow out of the driveway...

As a result of fishing for party ideas, I have found that party planning has evolved a lot even in the past few years since we got married. I have found a million really cool entertaining blogs online that are jumpstarting my ideas for the party. My favorites are Toast and Tables and Kim Vallee's Blog. I already have visions of fruit topiaries and fire-blowing hula dancers running around in my head. Martha Stewart, eat your heart out. Here are a few pics that I am using as inspiration for the party. Stay tuned for more!





1 comment:

Ben and Cori Momma said...

Your party is going to be wonderful! All those colors in April will be an awesome ray of light in the grey Burgh. And you weren't a bridezilla at all - you had some of the coolest ideas for a wedding I've seen to date!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...