About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Thursday, January 3, 2013

So Blessed

So I don't do resolutions. New Year's or otherwise. Something about not wanting to set expectations that won't be met. Or maybe it's my inner procrastinator. But I love the idea of having a word or phrase for the year. In 2011, my word was "mercy". In 2012, it was "joy".

This year, it will be "thankful". There's a tendency for me to feel discontent by comparing myself to others or by being in my head too much. Comparison is the thief of joy, right?. I want 2013 to be the year that I rest in what I have been blessed with. It will be a year of change (new jobs, growing kids and new routines) but I am so, so grateful for where life has led me this past year and look forward the 2013 with open arms.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...