About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Monday, November 22, 2010

Letters From the Sick Bed

 image source unknown

The main occupational hazard of working with small people who are germ-ridden (and having a preschooler who is around other germ-ridden children) is the occasional infection with kiddie crud.
Kiddie Crud. noun. A generic term referring to all sorts of gastrointestinal, respiratory and dermatologic conditions that small germ-monsters (aka patients) infect unsuspecting pediatricians and their families with.
So my daughter and I are sick and under quarantine. I think it may be scurvy. Or consumption. Or even possibly fever n' ague. If I was a pioneer on the Oregon Trail computer game right now, I would certainly have to  trade some of my bison for medicine.

What I have learned:
  • Doctors make sucky patients. Shocking, I know.
  • Sesame Street is still a genius show. They have a spoof for Mad Men. 'Nuff said.
  • Having a stash of assorted antibiotics and  at home is a blessing when your kid has pneumonia.
  • Objectivity and science go out the window when it is your kid who is sick.
  • A sick three year old is the most heartbreaking thing ever.
Do you have any favorite staying home sick from school memories or remedies to share?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...