image source unknown
The main occupational hazard of working with small people who are germ-ridden (and having a preschooler who is around other germ-ridden children) is the occasional infection with kiddie crud.
Kiddie Crud. noun. A generic term referring to all sorts of gastrointestinal, respiratory and dermatologic conditions that small germ-monsters (aka patients) infect unsuspecting pediatricians and their families with.So my daughter and I are sick and under quarantine. I think it may be scurvy. Or consumption. Or even possibly fever n' ague. If I was a pioneer on the Oregon Trail computer game right now, I would certainly have to trade some of my bison for medicine.
What I have learned:
- Doctors make sucky patients. Shocking, I know.
- Sesame Street is still a genius show. They have a spoof for Mad Men. 'Nuff said.
- Having a stash of assorted antibiotics and at home is a blessing when your kid has pneumonia.
- Objectivity and science go out the window when it is your kid who is sick.
- A sick three year old is the most heartbreaking thing ever.