About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Thursday, October 21, 2010

What to Wear to Zumba

#Zumba
If you have been reading my blog in the past 6 months, you will notice references to Zumba. I love it. I only wish someone had warned me what to wear and not to wear. And what to bring along, just in case.


  • Black pants: ESSENTIAL. I have several pairs of cute army green or purple cropped jogging pants but to be honest, the best fabric for Zumba is a pair of black pants or cropped yoga pants. You sweat a LOT in Zumba and let's just say that the black color hides sweat that otherwise makes you look like you peed on yourself (note to self: never wear hot pink shorts to Zumba EVER again). My other alternative is a mesh gym short, like you would wear when playing basketball.
  • Sports Bra with Support: How much support depends on how well endowed you are. There is a lot of jumping that happens in Zumba and you will be far more comfortable with a good sports bra.
  • T-shirt or Sports tank: I personally like wearing layers for Zumba so that I have a longer outer layer (like a tee or tank) to wipe the perspiration off. 
  • Tennis shoes that don't have too much tread: Because of the sliding that happens during a Zumba class (lots of step-slide motions) a shoe that doesn't have a ton of grip is ideal. I have dance sneakers from when I used to dance more seriously and those (for me) don't offer nearly as much arch support as a regular athletic shoe.
  • Water bottle and towel: Otherwise you look like you are having an anaphylactic reaction to exercise. Or an pseudo-asthma attack because your poor body is so deconditioned. Not that I would know or anything.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...