About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Team Emmett - We Are Nashville

Sometimes I forget that #Nashville is a city with amazing talent and a wealth of people with super generous hearts. I helped out at the Team Emmett benefit concert yesterday afternoon and evening. For those who are recent followers, Team Emmett (read more on their blog here) is a cause started in honor of the husband of a very dear college friend who was diagnosed with Stage 4 esophageal cancer this February.


Over the past few months I have been involved in helping this beloved family as much as possible in my limited capacity. I love Wendy (the wife) like a sister and I remember fondly our deep philosophical discussions over many "meat and three" lunches during undergrad at Vanderbilt. She and I are both science nerds with deep hunger to understand things that can only be explained through faith.

I worked the Chick-Fil-A table (shocker!) and was impressed by the army of volunteers that turned out to everything from tickets and ushering to child care and security. Below, me with the other food workers.


Ooh, heaven is a place on earth... (at least if there is Chick-Fil-A)

Many local artists and musicians and vendors donated food, drinks, art and awesome prizes for the silent auction.

 If you've ever seen Emmett in person, this looks a lot like him in action (Emmett's a drummer by profession)

You forget that the arts community in Nashville is very strong and many people are involved in graphic and visual arts. I wanted this for our house, but I was too busy selling chicken sandwiches to famous people to get to bid on it.


I know there are a lot of blogs out there chronicling people going through difficult times with illness, but stop by the Team Emmett blog. You will be humbled.

Keep them in prayers as they start the next round of chemo this morning!

Much love,





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...