About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Impromptu Housewarming Dinner

One of my best friends from college recently moved into a beautiful house in Brentwood, Tennessee (I have serious kitchen envy now!) and we went over a few weekends ago and did an impromptu housewarming for them. Here's how it went down.

Scene: Post-trip to Costco and the local farmers' market, having way too much food in the house. DrDrama gets on the phone


DrDrama: Whatcha doing?
BFF: Unpacking our stuff.
DrDrama: Are you guys going to be home for dinner?
BFF: Yes, why?
DrDrama: We have a ton of food and wine and we are coming over.
BFF: Okay. How is three-ish?
DrDrama: Perfect, see you then.

And that is how most of my favorite dinners go down. Little planning, little preparation. Just food, friends and wine.

We proceeded to stand around their massive island in their kitchen (I may have made some inappropriate sounds of jealousy and lust over the granite countertop) and stood around with my friend, her husband and her mother-in-law while the kids ran around doing kid type stuff. We had horrible manners and ate standing up, few utensils, pouring wine and laughing. On the menu:
  • Rosemary olive bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping
  • Fresh fruit: apples, raspberries, strawberries
  • Salami
  • Roast chicken 
  • Crab dip
  • Cheeses - English cheddar and Gooouuuuuda (said with an Arnold Schwarzenegger accent, I can't help myself)
  • Homemade lemonade and sweet tea
  • Red, red wine





MrDrama and "G-man", my friend's son (who never wants to have anything to do with me). I think he can smell the immunizations on me. Black eye courtesy of his three year old brother or a bookshelf, I can't remember.

Anyway, I highly recommend this sort of commando housewarming for your close friends when they move. It was a great way to spend an afternoon.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...