About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

FInished Couch to 5K!

I finished #C25K this week and I never thought I would. It took a little longer than the 9 weeks that I originally had set out to do, but boy was it worth it. I rewarded myself with a long overdue pair of kicks.


Final Tally:
  • 60-ish miles of running (and some walking, let's be honest) three days a week
  • Six pounds lost (I didn't diet - if anything, I was eating more because my appetite went up)
  • Looser fitting clothes
  • Feeling more physically fit - which for me is AWESOME!
  • Resting heart rate went down by 15 bpm and decreased blood pressure - even AWESOMER.
The challenge now is to keep it up. I may sign up for a fun, non-competition 5K once the heat index gets below 100 - which in Nashville will probably be in late September - aaargh!

Congrats to my friends Amanda, Cara and April who have pretty much kicked butt with motivating me over the past few months as we did this.

Don't forget to enter the healthy living/Zumba giveaway!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...