About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Monday, June 7, 2010

Necklace Overload

I may have mentioned once how I disdain crazy jewelry that looks like it was made by a toddler.  I still stand by that. But I do love the extravagance of beaded necklaces or pearls piled on. Maybe it is because it reminds me of being a little girl "helping" my mother organize her costume jewelry that she got as freebies from selling Avon to help make ends meet. I remember being seven years old and COVETING a beaded pink and white necklace in her jewelry box.

Thou shalt not covet...

There is something so quietly (or maybe not so quietly) opulent about ropes and ropes of pearls.

Sandra Bullock 

Rihanna

Dries Van Noten show

Hilary Duff

Michelle Obama

Random picture from the internet


Of course you can't talk about wearing piles of pearls without thinking of the lady who started it, Coco Chanel. She was known for wearing 6-7 strands of pearls (both fake and real) of varying sizes almost 100 years ago and people are still clamoring after her style.

Coco Chanel

Why all this hubbub about necklaces? I have a Polyvore coming up later this week that should explain better. Stay tuned...






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...