About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Jewelry Wrap-Up

As I had said before, a friend on a local message board had asked about jewelry which prompted me to finish a post that I have had on the back burner for a while.  That blossomed into the past two days of jewelry inventory and organization posts.

I have a pretty large jewelry collection. I remember playing with my mom's jewelry when I was little and being fascinated by how pretty her bits and baubles were.  I don't have anything that is super valuable, but I love getting stuff from the following places.
  • Target
  • H&M
  • J.Crew
  • Banana Republic
  • Express
  • Forever 21
  • Charlotte Russe
  • Ann Taylor and LOFT
  • Kate Spade
  • Thrift Stores
With regards to "classics" I think the ones I wear over and over are:

Earrings
  • Pearl studs (a much cheaper alternative to diamonds and I wear mine all the time - from T-shirts and jeans to weddings). 
  • Gold or silver "dangly" earrings - Target, Banana Republic for these.
  • Gemstone/crystal earrings - My J.Crew Heirloom Flora earrings are my current favorites.
 
Top Row (L-R): J.Crew Heirloom Flora, Banana Republic, Target, J. Crew Outlet Starfish
Bottom Row (L-R): Target, Target, Target, Target (sense a theme?), H&M, J.Crew

These particular earrings won't work for everyone. I have a oval-round shaped face, so I tend to pick jewelry that is dangly or elongated to balance the proportions. Or simple studs that don't get in the way.  Moving on...

Bracelets:
  • Gold Cuff bracelet - H&M, Banana Republic Outlet always have these.
  • Enamel bangles - you can get these everywhere, J.Crew, Kate Spade, thrift stores, Kohls, etc. I think these are a fun way of dressing up a button down or blazer.
 Clockwise from top Left: J. Crew , Walmart, Target, H&M, J.Crew, Thrift store, J. Crew

Necklaces:
  • Gold pendant necklaces - I tend to want to spend a little more money on these, since real gold is worth it.  I sometimes wear these alone or layered.
  • Pearls: I have a couple of these, both fake and real.
  • Colorful stone necklace - I have found that this turquoise necklace works with almost any color (fuchsia, pale green, blue, brown...).
  • Another thing I like is making the jewelry do double duty and wrapping a necklace around your wrist to use it as a bracelet.
 L-R: White House Black Market, Target, Banana Republic, Charlotte Russe, gift from a friend (not sure where she got it!), gift from my mom (from Japan), Express

And now we are done with the jewelry. I can't wait for my daughter to start begging me to wear or try on some of these, just like I did with my mom. 

Actually yes, I can.  

Because I remember how some of my mom's jewelry has conveniently "disappeared" into my collection now.  Thanks, Mom!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...