I have a pretty large jewelry collection. I remember playing with my mom's jewelry when I was little and being fascinated by how pretty her bits and baubles were. I don't have anything that is super valuable, but I love getting stuff from the following places.
- Banana Republic
- Forever 21
- Charlotte Russe
- Ann Taylor and LOFT
- Kate Spade
- Thrift Stores
- Pearl studs (a much cheaper alternative to diamonds and I wear mine all the time - from T-shirts and jeans to weddings).
- Gold or silver "dangly" earrings - Target, Banana Republic for these.
- Gemstone/crystal earrings - My J.Crew Heirloom Flora earrings are my current favorites.
Top Row (L-R): J.Crew Heirloom Flora, Banana Republic, Target, J. Crew Outlet Starfish
Bottom Row (L-R): Target, Target, Target, Target (sense a theme?), H&M, J.Crew
These particular earrings won't work for everyone. I have a oval-round shaped face, so I tend to pick jewelry that is dangly or elongated to balance the proportions. Or simple studs that don't get in the way. Moving on...
- Gold Cuff bracelet - H&M, Banana Republic Outlet always have these.
- Enamel bangles - you can get these everywhere, J.Crew, Kate Spade, thrift stores, Kohls, etc. I think these are a fun way of dressing up a button down or blazer.
Clockwise from top Left: J. Crew , Walmart, Target, H&M, J.Crew, Thrift store, J. Crew
- Gold pendant necklaces - I tend to want to spend a little more money on these, since real gold is worth it. I sometimes wear these alone or layered.
- Pearls: I have a couple of these, both fake and real.
- Colorful stone necklace - I have found that this turquoise necklace works with almost any color (fuchsia, pale green, blue, brown...).
- Another thing I like is making the jewelry do double duty and wrapping a necklace around your wrist to use it as a bracelet.
L-R: White House Black Market, Target, Banana Republic, Charlotte Russe, gift from a friend (not sure where she got it!), gift from my mom (from Japan), Express
And now we are done with the jewelry. I can't wait for my daughter to start begging me to wear or try on some of these, just like I did with my mom.
Actually yes, I can.
Because I remember how some of my mom's jewelry has conveniently "disappeared" into my collection now. Thanks, Mom!