About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Orange Coat

My orange coat was one of those spur of the moment purchases that you are afraid that you will regret but come to find in hindsight was such a good investment.  I think I own about three things that are orange (one necklace, one sweater and one dress), so it is probably the least common color in my wardrobe.  The great thing about the coat is that even if you are wearing a relatively plain outfit, it instantly dresses everything up. 

BR coat, Limited top, 7FAM jeans, J.Crew shoes

I got the coat at the Banana Republic factory store when visiting my parents last spring.  I am usually underwhelmed by their coats, but this was a no-brainer for me.  The shell is made of a cotton-silk blend, which makes it lightweight enough for wearing spring through fall.

BR coat, Calvin Klein dress, Guess? shoes

My inspiration to purchase the coat was from the ultimate style icon, Audrey Hepburn, from the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's.  The original coat was made by the man who considered Audrey to be his muse, Hubert de Givenchy.  


Hers was more of a winter weight and a darker orange-y red, but I love button details and Mandarin-style collar on it.  Orange always puts a smile on my face when I see someone wearing it.  

Except for the Cleveland Browns. And construction people in safety vests when I am already running late for work.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...