About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Thursday, October 8, 2009

4th Anniversary

In honor of our 4th anniversary, I thought I would take a walk down memory lane and relieve some of my favorite wedding day details. I was a little less patient, still entrenched in my twenties and still able to see my ab muscles (ahhhh, how that Napa Valley honeymoon sent me down the wicked path of expensive but tasty carbohydrates and liquid libations).

One of my favorite pics. So much so that it is my Facebook profile pic. We wore traditional custom-made Nigerian clothing, called aso oke for the second half of the reception. This is definitely a pre-parent shot, as evidenced by the easygoing smiles and lack of a 30-lb appendage permanently attached to your leg, asking for pretzels.


This is probably the only picture I have that is a full length side shot of my veil. I loved the veil because it was made a week before the wedding at the very last minute when the original veil I had planned on (was supposed to be my "something borrowed" from a friend but it DID NOT WORK at all with my dress). I think a girl should wear a veil more than just once in her life. I could bring veils back, right?
This is the requisite "bride putting on shoes" shot. Le sigh...


Me on my cell, probably directing the drivers. I loved the chapel length train on this.


For some reason, this is one of my hands-down favorite pictures from the whole day. Gotta love the colorful the traditional clothing.

In the car ride over to the church with the parentals. This picture always makes me tear up, especially now that I have a little girl. Sniff, sniff...



This is a great full length shot of the ballroom of the hotel where we had the reception. The only thing I find disconcerting is that beautiful, yet Phantom of the Opera-esque chandelier. Singing, "The Phantom of the Opera is theeeerrrrrre..."


We had the BEST food at our reception. I think the cake was French vanilla with lemon cream filling with a chocolate tulip filled with raspberries. It rocked.

That's right people, empty your pockets...

8 comments:

Chloe said...

Oh my god, you are GORGEOUS! And that dress! And the picture of you and your husband in the traditional garb! I love it all.

Happy Anniversary!

Emmy said...

Beautiful pictures! Happy Anniversary! :)

Momma to R&R said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Love the pictures. You looked beautiful! Where did you get married?

DrBabyMamaDrama said...

Maria, we got married at Trinity Cathedral in Pittsburgh and had our reception at the Omni William Penn. Lots of good (old) architecture

jen said...

Happy Anniversary! I didn't even wear a veil at my wedding(!!), so if you bring them back, maybe I'll have a second chance.

Sheila said...

Happy Anniversary!! You are both gorgeous and look so happy!!

Sheila

gwennythepooh said...

Beautiful! Happy Anniversary:)

#1SAHM said...

beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing! Happy anniversary! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...