About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Popping her collar since 2007...

Dissecting my child's personality is something that has become easier in the past few months since the Kid has become more talkative and less baby-like. They (whoever "they" are) always say that your personality is formed at an early age and that who you are at 4 or 5 is often similar to who you will be at 15 or 35 or 65 and beyond. Several observations:

  • She is possibly going to be smarter than both my husband and me put together. I will not wax poetic on what things she can do of late, but sometimes she scares me with the phrases that come out of her mouth and some of the things she can do already, despite my propensity to plop her in front of Dora the Explorer so that I can make dinner. And then she tries to eat PlayDoh and all is right with the world again.
  • The Kid is very cautious and occasionally very shy. She is one of those kids who is slow to warm up, but once she does, can't be shut down.
  • She is very loyal. As of now, this loyalty only extends to her parents, a handful of toddler friends, favorite flip-flops and stuffed bear Blue, but it is unwavering.
  • She is a people pleaser. This one of those traits that can get you in trouble, so I am glad that she is cautious by nature to balance that out.
  • She has a fearless sense of fashion and definitely has her own point of view as to what she should wear to preschool - like a fancy dress and sweatpants. And striped socks. And sandals. All at the same time. She actually wore that outfit last week. Very Harajuku of her.
I always wonder how this will translate into her teenage years, but for now, I am really enjoying watching her personality take shape.

3 comments:

Ben and Cori Momma said...

You also left out what a sweetie she is and how much of a heart breaker she will be! But she is no doubt destined for greatness with you both as her parents :)

Chloe said...

Awww, but she is SO DARLING! Seriously, now I want one. Kind of. Almost. Which is more than I've ever admitted to in the past, a-hem.

DrBabyMamaDrama said...

She's cute but a lot of work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...