About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Monday, June 8, 2009

Top 10 signs that you are too young to have kids...

10. You are texting your friends during the office visit.
9. When the doctor comes in to do the newborn exam in the hospital, you have to turn off the Saturday morning cartoons.
8. You need to have someone drive you to your OB/pediatrician appointments because you don't have a learner's permit yet.
7. Diapers and spit-up are referred to as, "OMG, gross!".
6. "Grandma" is only two years older than I am.
5. You actually think morning sickness only happens in the morning.
4. Wait, you mean babies are supposed to eat every 2-3 hours?
3. Wait, you mean babies don't sleep through the night when they are born?
2. You giggle/flinch when I say you should take a rectal temp on your child.
1. I have to sign a school excuse for you and your child.

*Bonus: You are too young to have kids when I have t-shirts that are older than you.*

5 comments:

Emmy said...

Can I add one to this? I had a student who was pregnant at the same time as me...she was asking me questions one day, including how far along I was. I told her I was 8 months pregnant & said "so I don't have too long to go, how about you?" to which she replied "Oh, I'm 7 months pregnant, but I'll be pregnant for almost 11 months, so I still have awhile".

I was so stunned that I couldn't even bring myself to ask how she got that idea. I'm sure she was quite shocked when the baby came "early".

So, sign #11..."If you think that your gestation period is longer than anyone else, you are too young to have kids"

Momma to R&R said...

I'm traumatized. Funny, but traumatizing...LOL

Christie Pham said...

Amen! I was sitting in the RE's office at Magee last month. The girl sitting across from me who was getting her first ultrasound done, turned to her friend and said.. what are we doing here today? Her friend said.. we get to see your baby on the tv screen. Ummm ok. And she was much more excited about talking about her prom dress.

Sarah Ring said...

Can we add that if your still shopping at Forever 21 for mini skirt and belly baring halter tops, you probably are not ready for kids? I mean HONESTLY PEOPLE! Ha!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! Sad, but hilarious. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...