About Me >>>>>Faith >>>>> The Kid >>>>> The Dude >>>>>Parties >>>>> Fashion >>>>> Food>>>>>Decorating>>>>>Contact Me

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Red Sangria (mmm...better!)

I posted a few days ago about white sangria. BTW, just between you, me and MrDrama, the pitcher was finished in about 24 hours, give or take. Here is my recipe for the more traditional red version. Once again, you can change up the fruit and omit the club soda, if you wish. I am saving my liver for my upcoming July 4th weekend with my bestest college girlfriends (and their families), so I will have to steal a picture of sangria from the Real Simple website.

Red Sangria

  • 1 bottle (750 mL) of red wine - I like Cabernets and Shiraz for sangria
  • Juice of one large orange
  • 2 cups of lemonade (or juice of one lemon and 1/4 cup sugar + 1.5 cups water)
  • Slices of fruit of your choice - usually do one orange, one lime, one apple and one pear
  • Club soda, to taste

Mix all in a pitcher with PLENTY of ice and drink. This recipe may need to have extra sugar, depending on the sweetness of the oranges and lemonade.

************************************************************

On a side note, as I am typing this, I am sitting in the backyard with an ice cold lemonade and listening to cheeping birds (and the neighbor's lawnmower, grrr...) and the sound of my borrowed mammoth ice cream maker making a batch of super duper vanilla ice cream. Life is good. And SYTYCD is on tonight. Wooohooo! I am so on the hot tamale train right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

girl, I wish I was coming to your partay! and I mean that for more reasons than sangria and homemade ice cream--really!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...