I am three hours away from a wild weekend of debauchery and shenanigans in Nashville, TN with my three best girlfriends from college. I was initially excited, but now I am kind of sad that I will be away for 4 days. I will miss the Kid soooo much (and my husband too, of course). But I have a few revelations about my first real alone trip since getting pregnant/having the Kid.
1. I am able to travel light. I have no stroller, no breast pump, no diapers, no 5 gazillion changes of clothing, no bottles. I am going with just my carry-on wheeled suitcase and my purse. I even bought a few magazines yesterday that I can read without fear of them being shredded by little hands. I forgot what it feels like to not have 6 pieces of checked luggage!
2. I will get to really sleep in without feeling just a little guilty about it for 3 whole days.
3. I get to have some good girl-gab time and catch up with my nearest and dearest. We have all finally gotten married and we are hanging out without a wedding to attend (the first time in 3 years). That means no bridezilla moments, no satin bridesmaid dress nightmares, no showers.
4. We are all turning 30 this year and some of us have had a difficult year (one friend is on partial bed rest/pelvic rest with her PG and another had an early PG loss this spring), so I think some cocktails and 1 mocktail an are in order.
5. I get to really miss my family and come home in a few days hopefully well rested and energetic.
Have fun over Memorial Day and I will "talk" to you all soon!