Monday, January 7, 2008
That's DrBabyMamaDrama to you...
So here is my first entry into the world of blogging. I am not exactly sure sure what this site will eventually become, but who cares? It's my blog and I can do what I want! Wahoo! Here are the Ten Commandments of the DrBabyMamaDrama blog:
10. Thou shalt use the brain that the good Lord gave you. This site is just for my opinions. Any medical opinions I post are mine and you should use common sense.
9. Thou shalt relax. I have a weird sense of humor. Deal with it.
8. Thou shalt covet thy neighbor's stroller. Or baby carrier. Or cute Robeez. Or the fact that their baby has hair on the back of their head (I am one step away from putting Rogaine in the Johnson and Johnson's No More Tears shampoo for my daughter). Just because I look very down to earth doesn't mean that I can't be superficial and shallow when I feel like it.
7. Thou shalt bring it on. That means bring on any and all questions relating to babies, toddlers, pregnancy and life in general. I will try my darndest to answer in a timely fashion.
6. Thou shalt agree to disagree. If you don't like what I say, tough. I'm not your doctor and I can't diagnose you over the computer (usually). Lord knows I would be secretly rolling my eyes behind your back if you came into my office anyway. Be respectful or I will verbally eviscerate you. I didn't go into medicine and incur six figures of med school debt without learning how to inflict pain (insert evil laugh here).
5. Thou shalt have a glass of red wine while blogging. Trust me, I am much funnier after a glass of Cabernet. It has lots of healthy phenols in it and stuff. Good for the heart and such.
4. Thou shalt ask, "Why the name DrBabyMamaDrama?". Well, I am a doctor for babies and inevitably their mamas (and daddies too). When you mix parents, patients and medicine, drama is bound to ensue. It's even funny to say out loud (especially if you follow commandment #5).
3. Thou shalt remember the person you were before you had kids/got married/whatever. 'Nuff said.
2. Thou shalt use common sense. Anything good is worth repeating. If you have more questions or topics you want me to post about, post a comment. If you know me personally, send me an email and I will answer it confidentially, if you wish. Again, use common sense. Please talk to your own doc or someone you trust if you have questions. I am not your doctor, I just play one on TV (I wish).
1. Thou shalt keep an open mind. Just not so open that your brain falls out.